Inspired by my insatiable lust for candy, this polish from Sephora, and hours of ogling photos of lolita nails with pretty 3-d elements.
- Base polish in a bright candy color (I used a Sally Hansen polish called Flaminglo)
- Clear nail laquer
- Nonpareil sprinkles
- Paint your nails with one coat of your base color. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Fill a small container with some of the nonpareil sprinkles. Paint one nail at a time with a thick coat of clear polish—you need plenty on there so that the sprinkles will stick—and then dip the nail into the sprinkles.
- Pat down the surface of the nail lightly to distribute the sprinkles so that you have a single layer of sprinkles on the surface of the nail. At this point, you’ll probably need to delicately remove extra sprinkles that are stuck anywhere you don’t want them, or add a few sprinkles to any empty spots. Allow to dry.
- Gently cover the sprinkles with several coats of clear polish to hold them in place. Give your nails plenty of time to dry, and keep in mind that because you’ve used so much of the clear polish, they’ll take longer to dry than a regular manicure.